Letting go, hanging on


My hands are bleeding; bruised beyond repair, yet my grip tightens
My tears run; painfully drowning, yet I keep breathing
My eyes are sorrowful; red shot with burning pain, yet open to the full glare
My voice hoarse, dried throat beyond thirst, yet I’m yelling

My heart is heavy; pounds in my chest, resounding in my soul
Whispering voices hover; singing deep into me
Trying to sway my resolve, all promising the impossible
Who do I listen to? The voices, My heart? Do they even differ?

Holding on is killing me and letting go could be suicidal
I’m hanging on the edge, letting go will see me lose it all
I’m so close to the goal, I can feel it. Or am I?
Can I hang long enough? Is it worth it? Should I hang on? Should I let go?

A simple question, Yay or Nay
The path I take, determines the destination
Will I fall into oblivion, rest my hopes on faith or hang in this hell?
Is it a question of logic, bravery or stupidity?

I have worked so hard to get here, smoked the bitter pipe
Walked on burning coal, tilled the farms of Hades, fought the raging storms
Done the impossible, toiled with bare hands, tasted sweat in winter
But the cost of hanging on, the non-ceasing pain, is it worth it? Do I let go, or hang on?

JayOach

Comments

  1. It seems I will hang on coz am soo clox. Your thinking is great bro 👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woow I needed this. Thanks for the inspiration.

      Delete
    2. I'm glad you liked it. Thank you

      Delete
    3. Thanx Solomon, I'm glad you liked it

      Delete
  2. Hold on till the trumpet sounds

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this.
    At times hanging on can really hurt you and even kill you. But giving up easily too is a state of uncommitted spirit.
    It's a nice poem.
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Remember

Black hole

Thank you Mum, I Iove you